Privacy Notice for Job Applicants, Internship Applicants, and Interns
SCG Chemicals Public Company Limited and its affiliates (as listed in the annex and hereinafter collectively referred to as "we") respect the rights to privacy of our job applicants, internship applicants, and interns (hereinafter referred to as "you"). We have created this privacy notice to inform the details regarding the collection, use, disclosure, deletion, and destruction (collectively, the "processing ") of your personal data, both online and other channels, to ensure that your personal data is protected, in accordance with the personal data protection law.
- Why We Process Your Personal Data
- We process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of the
contracts between us and you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract e.g. for our recruitment process, qualification verification, selection before becoming our employee, compliance with an internship agreement, paying internship remuneration, and receiving benefits we provide to our interns.
- We process your personal data because it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate
interests pursued by us or by a third party e.g. analysis and creation of databases, management and improvement of the recruitment and employee selection process, internship evaluation, sending news about available positions, preparing an internship or employment contract (if you have been selected), and establish legal claims.
- We process your personal data because it is necessary in order to protect vital interests of you or of another person. We process your personal data to, for instance, make contact in case of emergency and control and prevent disease.
- We process your personal data because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject e.g. labor protection law; labor relations law; social security law; safety, occupational, health, and working environment law; laws regulating occupations and diseases from the environment, contagious disease control law.
- We process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
- With your consent, we process your personal data to conduct other activities e.g. to send your job application or internship application to companies in our group.
- Personal Data We Collect
- We collect information contained in your application as follows
- Information on documents you provide to us such as resume, Curriculum Vitae (CV), application letter, job application form, comments for recruiting staff;
- Information about yourself such as your first name, last name, gender, date of birth, weight, height, ID or passport number, blood type, nationality, religion, marital status;
- Your contact details such as address, e-mail address, telephone number, social media information (e.g. LINE ID);
- Working conditions such as ability to work in other provinces, areas that you want to apply for a job or an internship;
- Information of/about your spouse, children, and parents such as name, surname, ID number, date of birth, nationality, blood type, education, address, telephone number;
- Information about family members or persons in your care;
- Your photos and videos;
- Information about education, capability, competency development, and other qualifications such as your educational level, educational background, institution/ university, training history, academic performance, test results, right to work legally, professional qualifications, language abilities, information from references you have given us, and other capabilities;
- Information about work experience and information about past employment such as job titles, employer details, salary, compensation, and benefits you received;
- Information about your preferred work location;
- Information about military obligations;
- Ability to drive vehicles;
- Details of your reference person and emergency contact person.
Data about your characteristics such as habits, behaviors, attitudes, aptitude, skills,
leadership, teamwork, and emotional intelligence. This data can be collected from your assessment or derived from our observation and analysis while you participate in our activities.
- Information necessary for reporting regulatory agencies such as the Ministry of Labor.
- Information collected from you, such as information you provide to us in your application, during a job interview, in a test, and when you participate in our activities.
- The information you choose to share and disclose through our online application systems, tools, queries, and other services.
- Document that can be used to identify you, such as a copy of an identification card issued by a government or public agency such as a citizen card, driver's license, passport, house registration, diploma and degree, transcript, and other documents of a similar nature.
- Other information necessary for recruiting and selecting staff or interns, compliance with an internship contract, provision of welfare and benefits, analysis, management, and legal compliance.
- If you are an intern, we also collect additional data such as:
- Information about your parents or guardians such as first name, last name, address, telephone number, and mobile phone number;
- Bank account for payment of internship allowances;
- Your characteristics and information from the internship program such as behaviors, attitudes, aptitude, skills, leadership, teamwork, emotional intelligence, discipline, and other characteristics including records of your working time to evaluate the internship;
- Other information such as details of your referee.
- If you are selected to be an employee, we will collect additional personal data as set forth in the privacy notice for employees.
- Special Category Data
- We may need to collect and process your special category personal data for the purposes stated in this privacy notice.
- We may need to process your special category personal data in the following circumstances:
- Health information such as weight, height, medical conditions, color blindness, physical examination results, food allergies information, drug allergy data, blood group, doctor's certificate, and medical history for the purposes of labor protection, work capability assessment, and compliance with relevant laws;
- Biometric data such as fingerprint and face image data in order to identify and confirm your identity to prevent crime and safeguard legitimate interests of us or other persons;
- Information about criminal records to consider your suitability with our operations and protect legitimate interests of us or other persons;
- Your religious belief, philosophy, race, nationality, disability, trade
information, genetic data, and biometric data to provide facilities, activities and welfare that are suitable for you and to make sure that we treat you equally, fairly, and in accordance with human rights principles;
- Other special category data for lawful purposes such as when he information is disclosed to the public with your express consent or the processing of the information is necessary to prevent or stop the danger to one's life, body, or health in the event that you are unable to give consent, to exercise legal claims, and to achieve the objectives of labor protection, social security, and internship benefits.
- If necessary, we will process your special category data with your explicit consent or for other purposes as required by law. We will use our best efforts to provide security measures that is appropriate to protect your special category data.
- We will collect and process your criminal records, which will be collected from the evidence provided by you or you consent us to acquire from a relevant authority. We will impose measures to protect your special category data as required by law.
- Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
- Consent, Withdrawal and Consequences
- You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time but such withdrawal will not affect the validity of the processing made prior to the withdrawal of consent.
- Your withdrawal of consent or refusal to provide certain information may result in us being unable to fulfill some or all of the objectives stated in this privacy notice.
- If we need to obtain consent from a person other than you (such as your parent), you represent that have the power to act on their behalf to acknowledge this privacy notice and consent to us on their behalf to process their personal data in accordance with this privacy notice.
- Retention Period
- We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to meet the objectives unless the law requires longer retention periods. In the event that such period is unclear, we will retain the data for a customary expected period in accordance with retention standards (e.g. the prescriptive period of 10 years for general legal claims).
- The period we retain your personal data may varies according to each processing activity, which you can see further details in the related topic.
- We may retain your personal data after completion of the selection process of the
position you apply to contact you in the event that there are other positions that we deem suitable for you. We will retain your personal data for a period of time necessary to achieve the purpose of enrollment or internship. If you don't want us to keep your personal data to be considered for other positions, you can contact us using the methods specified in this privacy notice.
- If you are selected as our employee or intern, we will continue to collect your personal data for the duration that is necessary to meet the employment or internship objectives.
- If your personal data is processed based on consent, we will stop the processing when you have withdrawn the consent. However, we may keep your personal data to record your withdrawn so we can respond to your request in the future.
- We have established an auditing system to delete or destroy your personal data when the retention period expires or when it becomes irrelevant or unnecessary for the purposes of collecting that personal data.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- We disclose and share your personal data with:
- Companies in our group ("affiliates”) and partners who provide services and sell products relating to construction materials and home appliances and
- Individuals and entities which are not our affiliates ("third parties") for the purpose of collecting and processing personal information as described in this privacy notice such as providers of recruitment services, selection processes, employment services, security services, background checks, qualification and competency assessments, and information systems; financial institutions; business partners; information systems developers; government agencies; and other persons necessary for us to be able to conduct business, provide services, and meet the purposes for the collection and processing of personal data as described in this privacy notice.
- We will require persons receiving your personal data to take appropriate measures to protect your personal data, process the data properly and only as necessary, and prevent unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data.
- Transferring Personal Data Overseas
- We may send or transfer your personal data to our affiliates or other persons in a foreign country if it is necessary in order for us to perform our obligations in the contract to which you are the counterparty or contract between us and third party for your benefit, to respond to your pre-contractual request; to protect your and third party's life, body and health, to comply with laws or to the extent necessary for the public interest activities.
- We may store your information on a computer, server, or cloud provided by a third party. And may use third-party programs, applications and platforms in processing your personal data. However, we will not allow unrelated parties to access to your personal data and will require such parties to have appropriate security protection measures.
- In the event that your personal data is transferred to a foreign country, we will comply with applicable personal data protection laws and take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data is protected and you can exercise your rights in accordance with the laws. Moreover, we will require those who receive the data to have appropriate protection measures for your personal data, to process such personal data only as necessary, and to take steps to prevent unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data.
- Security Measures
- We have implemented appropriate technical and administrative standards to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access use, disclose, or destruction. We use technology and security procedures such as encryption and access restriction to ensure that only authorized people shall have access to your personal data, and that they are trained about the importance of protecting personal data.
- We provide appropriate security measures to prevent the loss, access, use, change, disclosure of personal data from those who do not have rights or duties related to that personal data. We will review the above-mentioned measures when necessary or when the technology changes to ensure effective security.
- Your Rights as a Data Subject
- You have the rights under the personal data protection law summarized as follows:
- Withdraw the consent you have given to us;
- Request to view and copy your personal data or disclose the source where we obtain your personal data;
- Send or transfer personal data that is in an electronic form as required by personal data protection laws to other data controllers;
- Oppose the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information about you
- Delete or destroy or make your personal data non-personally identifiable (anonymous) information;
- Suspend the use of your personal data;
- Correct your personal information to be current, complete, and not cause
- Complain to the Personal Data Protection Committee in the event that we, our data processors, our employees, or our contractors violate or do not comply with personal data protection laws.
In this regard, we will consider your request, notify the result of the consideration, and execute it (if appropriate) within 30 days from the date we receive the request. Your rights mentioned above will be in accordance with the personal data protection law.
- You can exercise the rights under this item by clicking here or click here or go to https://b.gy/cvbdh1
- Information about Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
- if you give personal data to a company other than the Siam Cement Public Company Limited, the company that determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data is the data controller. Details of these data controllers are available in the annex to this privacy notice.
- In the event that you have a question regarding personal data protection, please send your message to email@example.com
In the event that this privacy notice is amended, we will announce a new privacy notice via this websites or our applications, which you should periodically review the privacy notice. The new privacy notice will be effective immediately on the date of announcement.